In November 2020, the Mind Forward Equity, Diversity and Inclusion Committee met for the first time to begin a journey like no other. The committee is a dedicated group of individuals with commitment to change. Since November, the committee has been very busy at establishing the foundation to the Agency’s equity, diversity and inclusion work. A few highlights:
- The committee has established a mission: “To facilitate the development of an inclusive and anti-racist culture and practice at Mind Forward and will be responsible for developing the EDI Action Plan”
- Created values and guiding principles: “Equity, Inclusion, Diversity, Collaboration, Transparency, Education, Reflection and Awareness”
- Developed an EDI Awareness calendar and monthly awareness materials.
- Planned training initiatives for this upcoming year, such as, “EDI and Intersection Fundamentals”; “Understanding Racial Micro-aggressions in the Workplace”; “Cultural Sensitivity and Awareness”… just to name a few.
- Completed a comprehensive review and revision of critical HR and Clinical policies.
- Developed fundamental materials to guide the Agency’s EDI work. With the guidance of EMpower Strategy Group, the committee has created a Mind Forward EDI Policy and Action Plan based on the survey data collected.