We may be able to help you if you meet the following eligibility criteria.
To be eligible for general services, the individual must:
- Have a primary diagnosis of an Acquired Brain Injury (ABI)*
- Be 18 years of age and over
- Reside in the region of Peel, Halton, or Dufferin County (may waive this criterion should an individual be able to travel to Mind Forward locations)
- Be an active participant in achieving mutually agreed-upon goals
- Be medically stable
- Be free of psychiatric or behavioural symptoms of an order that would preclude the individual from being able to participate in mutually agreed-upon goals
* The agency has adopted the World Health Organization’s definition of ABI: “Damage to the brain, which occurs after birth and is not related to a congenital or a degenerative disease. These impairments may be temporary or permanent and cause partial or functional disability or psychosocial maladjustment” (Geneva 1996)
MUST include all relevant brain injury medical and consult reports – i.e. Neuro-imaging (MRI, CT scan), Neurology report, Emergency Room Reports and/or Hospital Admission/ Discharge Notes.
Processing of the referral will be significantly delayed if the above is not included.
Please return completed applications and relevant assessments and reports to: