Mind Forward Brain Injury Services Ontario response to COVID-19
Dear Clients, Family Members and Caregivers:
Due to the recent Pandemic announcement, as a precaution, Mind Forward has closed all community programs and offices until further notice. We want to do our part to keep our clients and those in our community healthy and to help slow down the spread of the illness, so we have implemented the following protocols:
Ensure Social Distancing – Limiting contact between people until further notice:
- Students, visitations are cancelled
- All community programs are closed
- Community teams will continue to work virtually contacting clients by phone and/or video conferencing(where possible)
- Visitors are welcome to connect with clients by phone or video conference; but not in person
- Residential outings are cancelled, unless medically necessary
- No new admissions at this time
- Clinical will continue their work virtually, contacting clients by phone and video conference
- All trainings and meetings will be rescheduled
- Daily screening and self-monitoring of all staff/clients
- Increased cleaning and disinfecting practices
Screening travelers and self-isolation:
- Staff/clients who have and are currently travelling out of Canada, will not be allowed to return to work/programs. They will be required to self-isolate for at least 14 days symptom-free before returning to work.
For Family Members with Clients Living at Assisted Living Sites:
To adhere to Public Health recommendations regarding social distancing all visits are cancelled to our residential sites effect immediately. Please do not visit the site and arrangements can be made for different modes of communication with your loved one, e.g., phone, or video conferencing. Please contact the site Team Leader or Manager for further support.
We wish to remind everyone of the Public Health Ontario posting regarding Novel Coronavirus (COVID-19) and anyone concerned that they may have been exposed to, or are experiencing symptoms of COVID-19 (coronavirus), should contact their primary care provider, local public health unit, or Telehealth (1-866-797-0000).
For more information on COVID-19, please visit https://www.canada.ca/en/public-health/services/diseases/2019-novel-coronavirus-infection.html
Thank you for your understanding and together let’s do our best keep everyone healthy!